Futuretheory is a Canberra-based marketing and design consultancy. We primarily work in web, design, marketing, and design. We are driven to make a difference in the businesses and lives of our clients as well as our community and are seeking a Content Creation Intern who is eager to advance their skills in creating content for a variety of platforms. As an intern, you will be learning from us and working on our own internal projects, as well as a selection of pro bono projects. Where appropriate you may shadow and observe client meetings and day-to-day tasks.
Following your internship, with your interest, the role can evolve into a paid position that includes working with our commercial clients and working with us on a more regular basis.
This position would suit someone interested in modern marketing approaches, content creation and staying ahead of the curve in the digital space. The ideal Content Creation Intern would still be at university, studying in a related field or recently graduated and looking to gain experience while being able to learn through the application of their skills. This position is based at our office in Canberra City and you will be expected to travel to the office weekly.
As a Content Creation Intern you will:
- Be able to commit to a minimum of 12 hours per week for 6 weeks (flexible)
- Write SEO optimised blog posts for our website
- Create engaging social media content
- Use a number of SEO tools
- Integrate elements of affiliate marketing
- Produce and publish Youtube videos
- Take and edit photos
- Learn how to market yourself as a freelancer
- Identify trends and learn how to leverage these trends
You will stand out if:
- You are familiar with WordPress and website development
- Have your own laptop/equipment
- You have a portfolio that includes photography and video
- Have experience in writing engaging, interesting content
- Are familiar with SEO
- Have experience with the Adobe Creative Cloud suite of programs
- Are keen-eyed and pay attention to detail
- Have strong written and verbal skills
Applying for this position
Please attach a resume with your application to firstname.lastname@example.org – submitting a cover letter is strongly encouraged. Applications close 21 April 2019. As we are looking for someone to join immediately, submissions earlier than the closing date are encouraged and may secure a face-to-face meeting before 21 April.