Getting messages out to your website’s visitors is important. You might want to let them know that orders will be sent out after the Christmas period, or that there is a new product in stock. Sometimes these messages are more important than a pop up but you also don’t want to ruin the browsing experience.
If you’ve got a WordPress and WooCommerce powered website, there is already in-built functionality available to add a message that can be seen site-wide. This functionality is called Store Notice – while not the most descriptive, it adds a bar on the top of your website with a message that you can customise to your liking.
How to add a site-wide message (Store Notice on WooCommerce)
- Log in to your website, this should take you to the Dashboard
- Hover over ‘Appearance’ and click on ‘Customize’ – this will take you to the customisation page for your website
- Here select ‘WooCommerce’ from the sidebar
- Next select ‘Store Notice’ which should be at the top of the list depending on how your website is configured
- Any content you place in this box is made visible site-wide when you click the checkbox to ‘Enable Store Notice’
We’re WordPress and WooCommerce experts at FUTURETHEORY. Please get in touch if you would like help with your website.